You have a story.
Let me help you tell it.
You’ve poured your heart out onto the page. Now it’s time to step back and take a look at what you’ve created. Perhaps all the pieces are there. Or maybe it’s a beautiful mess. Either way, a good editor can transform your work from something you wrote for yourself into a highly coherent and engaging manuscript ready for your readers to embrace. Together, we can take those well-fought-for pages and present their best version to the world.
I’ve edited, beta-read, and evaluated countless essays, memoirs, flash fiction/nonfiction, and short stories during my time as a writer. As an editor, I work closely with writers and authors to help them realize their vision. I enjoy a deep dive into your work; I’m as enthusiastic about your project as I am about my own. I strive to identify and amplify your voice, enhance your story, and make your sentences sing.
I’ve worked on several editing projects as a developmental/line editor, including:
- Aaron Carnes’ book In Defense of Ska (CLASH Books)
- Keith Lowell Jensen’s What I Was Arrested For (CLASH Books)
- Danielle Dayney’s When Love Sticks Around (Brandylane Publishers)
Before I was an editor, I was a writer. Since 2013, I’ve written regularly for several Northern California weekly newspapers, including the Good Times Santa Cruz and Sacramento News & Review. I also contributed to Salon, Ozy, The Atticus Review, Heartwood Lit, The London Reader, Indiana Voice Journal, and others. My essay “The Adult Section” won the 2017 Sunlight Press Summer Creative Nonfiction Award, and “Into The System” was a finalist in the 2018 Hunger Nonfiction contest. My flash memoir “Ugly Pumpkins” was a 2018 runner-up in the Wow! Women On Writing Creative Nonfiction Contest.
- Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing
- Poynter ACES Certificate in Accurate, Audience-Focused Editing
- Poynter ACES Advanced Editing
- Writer’s Digest Copyediting Certificate
- EAA Developmental Editing for Fiction
- EAA Copyediting Fiction & Nonfiction Books: Principles & Mechanics
- EFA: Editorial Freelancers Association
- ACES: The American Copyeditors Society
- AWP: Association of Writers & Writing Programs