Who am I?
I am a registered sole proprietor operating as LION BY THE TAIL.
I offer to edit services to writers. My client/customer base is worldwide. This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me.
If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
• respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for editorial services)
• allow you to register for a special offer
• allow me to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
• enable certain functions on this website
• better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information:
• contact postal address
• email address
• information pertinent to your inquiry (e.g. word count, nature of the project, etc.)
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
• For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (I.R.S.) should it request an audit
• To contact you in response to your inquiry, order, quote, special offer, or booking
• To give you access to content you have purchased that resides on my website
• To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my editorial services
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial for me on my website), or unless you have signed up to be notified about a specific offer.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables my website to identify your computer as you view different pages on my website.
Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with me.
• To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
• To read Google Analytics privacy statement, and how you can request that I remove your information from my analytics data, see Google Analytics data privacy policies.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
• Contact form (via WordPress)
• Booking-confirmation form (via WordPress)
• Course/book order form (via WordPress)
• Author’s style preferences form (via WordPress)
• Newsletter signup (via WordPress)
• Email (via WordPress)
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data from WordPress at any time. Please note that if your information is being held to enable access to content that you’ve purchased from me (e.g. courses/books), the removal of your data will remove your access.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
DATA SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES
- DreamHost, WordPress, and Microsoft servers are based in the US but are registered with the EU–US Privacy Shield.
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
• The I.R.S. requires me to keep records for seven years.
• Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with the I.R.S.’s legal requirements, I’ll action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that I do so in writing, or the I.R.S. elects to audit my business.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com.